This aerial photograph was taken by Aerofilms on 6th July 1932 and is one of the oldest aerial photographs of Leyland.
If you saw the picture in the Evening Post recently, they incorrectly dated the picture as 1948.
The view from the Cross looking down Towngate with Heatons hardware shop in the foreground.
The view from the sunken garden of the front of Worden Hall at the turn of the last century.
Leyland Cross and the junction with Worden Lane, the steeple of St Marys Church can just be seen behind Occleshaw House and Pollard Hall
Looking down Hough Lane from the Gas Works with the unmade road much in evidence.
Looking up Chapel Brow with the Old Wesleyan Chapel at the top.
The Old Grammar School in the Parish Church graveyard around the turn of the century. It is now the home of the South Ribble Museum and Exhibition Centre.
This is one of the oldest buildings in Leyland. The history of Charnock Old Hall is told in the book by George Bolton and Bill Waring.
A view down Towngate at Mrs Jollys Corner with "The Ship Inn" in the background.
Looking up the hill at St Ambrose Church from Bow Lane.
Looking down Worden Lane towards The Cross with Clough House in the foreground on the right.