Entry No 1361867
53° 40′ 56.64″ N, 2° 42′ 9.07″ W
18th century (probable)
The former building for brewing animal food is in brick with stone dressings and has a slate roof. It has two storeys and a rectangular four-bay plan.
On the south side are four doorways, and there are three windows on each floor. In the gable ends are loft doors, one of which is reached by external steps. Inside is a wooden spiral staircase
Grade II (due to be delisted)
Entry No 1210706
53° 40′ 55.52″ N, 2° 42′ 8.82″ W
Mid 19th century (probable)
Originally a conservatory attached to Worden Hall, later used as a greenhouse, it is has a wooden frame on a stone plinth, and glazed walls and roof. There are three sections, the central section being higher, with a projecting canted bay and double doors.
The outer sections have a simple structure. On the apices of the bay and the gables are iron finials.
Stable Block on north side of Worden Hall
Entrance Gate and Lodge to Worden Park
Entry No 1073053
53° 40′ 56.68″ N, 2° 42′ 7.42″ W
The barn ha been converted into a performance space. It is in brick on a stone plinth, with stone dressings, including quoins, and a slate roof.
The building has a rectangular plan with four bays, and contains opposed wagon entrances that have segmental heads with voussoirs, and five rows of ventilation openings
Worden Hall and Park
Entry No 1361866
53° 41′ 9.56″ N, 2° 41′ 51.97″ W
Early 19th century
The gateway and lodge are in ashlar. The gateway consists of a round-headed arch with vermicular rustication. It has a scrolled keystone, attached Tuscan columns, and a plain entablature with a moulded cornice and a stepped parapet. Between the arch and the lodge is a postern gate.
The lodge is in Neoclassical style, it has a single storey and is in a T-shaped plan. The roof is in slate, and the lodge has pedimented gables, rusticated quoins, and sash windows with architraves.
Entry No 1000955
Park and pleasure grounds with elements of an early 19th century scheme and a formal garden probably of the mid or later 19th century.
The site was included in land granted to the Knights of St John of Jerusalem in the 12th or early 13th century. Worden then passed from the Bussel family to the Anderton family. In 1534 it was acquired by Sir Henry Farington and it remained in the Farington family until 1947. In 1950 Leyland Council purchased it. It was opened to the public on 18th June 1951 and remains in use as a public park.
Conservatory attached to south west corner of Ruin of Worden Hall
Entry No 1073054
53° 40′ 49.22″ N, 2° 41′ 55.64″ W
Late 18th century (probable)
A stone round-headed arch crossing a waterfall, with quoins and voussoirs. Adjoining it to the south is a rectangular turret with a gargoyle, and to the north is part of a broken arch
Registered under the Historic Buildings and Ancient Monuments Act 1953 within the Register of Historic Parks and Gardens by English Heritage for its special historic interest.
Ice House circa 100 metres south of Worden Hall
Entry No 1210709
53° 40′ 56.68″ N, 2° 42′ 6.52″ W
18th century (probable)
The former stable is in brick with stone quoins and a slate roof. It has two storeys and is in a roughly square plan.
The wide doorways, with stone jambs and lintels have been converted into windows, and there is a first-floor loft door
Barn at Worden Hall
Arch over Wade Brook circa 300 metres south east of Worden Hall
Service Wing of former Worden Hall
Brew House at Worden Hall
Leyland Historical Society
Entry No 1073052
53° 40′ 56.28″ N, 2° 42′ 7.96″ W
The service wing to a former country house is in brick on a stone plinth, with stone dressings and a slate roof. It has two storeys and an L-shaped plan. The higher west wing has five bays, and the south wing has two.
The windows are in varying types, and include cross windows, mullioned windows, a French window and a stair window, and the doorway is round-headed.
Entry No 1290356
53° 40′ 50.95″ N, 2° 42′ 8.06″ W
Late 18th or early 19th century (probable)
The ice house is in the grounds of Worden Hall. Its entrance is blocked with brick. The masonry around it has an ogee-shaped head, and is decorated with re-set items of carved stones dating from the 16th century or earlier. These include two small statues, three faces, and shields