Leyland Historical Society
The Rubber Road comes to Whitehall curtesy of the Leyland & Birmingham Rubber Company Limited
1950 Leyland Fire Brigade Team in Fire Station
1950s L & B stand at exhibition
1952 Leyland Festival Lorry
1965 - The New Boiler House
A regular annual event was the Works Bowling Handicap Tournament held at the Eagle & Child Bowling Green off Church Road.
The 1930's, 1940's, 1950's & 1960's.
April 1964 – Demolition of Warehouse June 1965 – New Boiler House
10th October 1942
Leyland Fire Brigade Team
John Houghton – aged 48
1940 - 1942
Spotters at L & B LW Turner & RA Barton
Four Senior Management Personal at the Bowling Handicap Tournament
Left to right
Mr Porter – Hose Section Manager
Mr Sharp – General Manager (remember the little lad behind the fire engine in 1880)
Mr Parkinson – Sales
Mr Jackson – Chief Chemist
These photographs were taken before the demolition of the warehouse line of buildings in early 1964.
The three storey building in the distance is the new building from 1913